Using just a few simple ingredients, you can learn the secrets to making the most creamy, tender and delicious baked chicken you will ever eat. This chicken is great by itself or is great shredded and added to other recipes, like Chicken Salad.
Most of the recipes you’ve grown accustomed to seeing on our site are pretty commons ones. We’re all about the classics, the timeless recipe treasures that stick around. But today, I wanted to share a particularly unusually favorite from my arsenal, Milk Chicken. It sounds crazy, I know, but it results in what I’d say is arguably the best, most moist + flavorful chicken I’ve ever had. Hands down.
Now I know this recipe isn’t the prettiest, but it really is one of the best ways to enjoy baked chicken. It also works great if you need shredded chicken for something like chicken salad or to add to a delicious salad jar. Allowing the chicken breasts to soak + bake in the milk is the key to this simple go-to in our house. And, I love serving this as a main dish for dinner, with a spoonful of the baked milk right on top like a gravy, which makes it even more lavish (perfect atop rice or pasta too with the coating).Print
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pint Heavy Whipping Cream (May sub whole milk or buttermilk)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- In a baking dish, lay 4 chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour heavy cream (or whole milk / buttermilk) as a layer until the chicken breasts are 3/4 coated.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees. (or until internal chicken temp is reached). For best results, bake chicken in a thick cookie sheet to avoid the liquid from boiling over.
- Remove the chicken and use the baked milk as a little gravy / broth to keep the chicken moist.
I hope you’ll give this creamy recipe a try to change up your usual baked chicken. I’d love to know your thoughts in the comments below!
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about my favorite made-from-scratch recipes, creating traditions with your family, farmhouse home decor, effortless entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, tips on gardening creating a timeless capsule wardrobe, and small town + historic travel. Our product designs feature a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of aprons, table linens, hand-poured candles and keepsake gifts. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.