We went apple picking recently (more from that trip soon!), and afterwards I was inspired to put the apples we picked to work in some fall recipes. One of my favorite easy fall desserts is a Rustic Apple Tart..
Not only is it easy, it always turns out looking so beautiful and you often have the ingredients on hand if you just keep some puff pastry in your freezer. I’m all about those recipes you can just pull together at a moments notice.
Rustic Apple Tart
- One sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2-3 medium apples, peeled, cored, halved and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (optional)
How to cook Rustic Apple Tart
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and unfold the puff pastry. Roll into a 15 x 11 inch rectangle and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Score a 1 inch wide rectangle border on the pastry with a sharp knife – be sure to not cut all the way through the dough. Poke the surface of the inner rectangle with a fork until surface is covered in small holes. Next, trim any uneven edges of the pastry to ensure a perfect rectangle.
- Layer the apple slices on the pastry, overlapping them slightly.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar, then cover the surface with butter cubes.
- Bake the pastry for 25 minutes until crust is golden, then transfer the pan to a wire rack for the time being.
- Heat the honey on stove or in microwave and drizzle over the tart, brushing it evenly with a pastry brush.
- Cook tart for 5 minutes more, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool for at least 10 minutes and then slice the tart into your desired amount of pieces. Enjoy!
SHOP THE POST :
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.