Yield: 1 tart
This beautiful apple tart is the perfect fall treat to make in your home. Take your family apple picking to try with freshly picked apples.
- One sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2–3 medium apples, peeled, cored, halved and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and unfold the puff pastry. Roll into a 15 x 11 inch rectangle and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Score a 1 inch wide rectangle border on the pastry with a sharp knife – be sure to not cut all the way through the dough. Poke the surface of the inner rectangle with a fork until surface is covered in small holes. Next, trim any uneven edges of the pastry to ensure a perfect rectangle.
- Layer the apple slices on the pastry, overlapping them slightly.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar, then cover the surface with butter cubes.
- Bake the pastry for 25 minutes until crust is golden, then transfer the pan to a wire rack for the time being.
- Heat the honey on stove or in microwave and drizzle over the tart, brushing it evenly with a pastry brush.
- Cook tart for 5 minutes more, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool for at least 10 minutes and then slice the tart into your desired amount of pieces. Enjoy!