Our best Carrot Cake Recipe makes a beautiful dessert for any spring brunch table. Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting is a delicious cake that is sure to be a hit.
Best Carrot Cake Recipe
Anytime we can get away with “eating our vegetables” and having a dessert at the same time is a win/win for any mom, right? Some people shutter at the idea of carrot cake, but let me tell you – this recipe just might win them over.
Carrot Cake for Easter
Carrot Cake is always a traditional dish served up at Easter Brunch. Luckily, we are stocked up on fresh carrots for the Easter Bunny this time of year, so it always makes an appearance on the Sunday table. It is also a super popular cake to serve all during spring though, so if you miss it for Easter be sure to tackle it at some point as the weather warms up.
This delicious carrot cake recipe from scratch with cream cheese frosting is the perfect cake to serve up for Easter Sunday or any spring brunch.
3/4 cups coconut oil, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
4 eggs, whole
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 1/2 cups freshly grated carrots
1 1/4 cup chopped pecans (1/4 cup reserved for topping)
1/2 cup plump raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two (2) 9″ cake pans and set aside. Wash and shred 2 1/2 cups of carrots with a hand grater or shred using a food processor. Next, roughly chop pecans. Set each aside.
- Using a stand mixer, combine coconut oil, granulated and brown sugar together until well mixed. Beat in eggs and add vanilla until smooth. Slowly begin adding dry ingredients to your mixing bowl on medium speed adding flour 1/2 cup at a time. Add baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg + salt to your mixer and combine.
- Fold your freshly grated carrots, pecans and raisins into your cake mixture by hand until mixed thoroughly. Pour cake batter evenly into your floured cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of your cakes comes out clean. Allow your cakes to cool completely before attempting to remove them from the pan or begin frosting them.
- When completely cool, remove cakes from pans and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with remaining pecans and enjoy!
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
The tart flavor of our best carrot cake recipe pairs so perfectly with a classic Cream Cheese frosting. You really can’t enough of this combo. Sprinkled with a few freshly chopped nits just elevates this combo even more.
Also, I love to add a little variation on the best carrot cake recipe by adding in a variety of other dried fruits. Aside from the traditional raisins, adding tiny pieces of dried apricots or golden raisins, which are both yummy but also beautiful, even if just for garnish.
You can also play with the level of spice in your recipe by adding a few shakes of allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon and the likes for a slightly different take on the treat.
Setting the Easter Table
I just wanted to share one last little photo of really how beautiful this best carrot cake recipe looks on the Easter table. Learn all about how i set my Easter table, and what other recipes I include here.
WATCH THE VIDEO :
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.