One of the very best gifts during the holiday season are food gifts. I love holiday cooking + baking and then gifting the goodies to our co-workers, friends + neighbors, or bringing a bundle to a holiday party as a hostess gift.
This is one of my favorites, it’s a vintage spin on an idea I’ve seen floating around out there on Pinterest – Chocolate Dipped Stir Spoons. They’re great for stirring into your cup of cocoa or coffee and a sweet little gift, but I’m making them even more beautiful by using vintage spoons instead of the plastic ones. Take a peek.
The best thing about these sweet little spoon gifts is that they really look like a million bucks without spending a ton of time or money. If you hit up a thrift store or local market, you can generally find silver-plated utensil for a dollar or less a piece.
Simply give them a polish, dip in almond bark and sprinkle on your favorite chopped topping. We used a variety of nuts, pistachios + peppermints to give ours a festive look. You could even pair it with a “hot chocolate mix” in a jar and one of our holiday tea towels or an apron of course and you have a beautiful gift to go.
Chocolate Dipped Stir Spoons
- white chocolate almond bark
- chocolate almond bark
- peppermint sticks
- nuts of your choice
How to cook Chocolate Dipped Stir Spoons
- Start by gathering up the spoons you would like to use.
- Begin melting your chocolate bark in a sauce pan, or in the microwave. When using the microwave, I like to heat it in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, to make sure the chocolate is melting smoothly and evenly.
- While your chocolates are melting crush up your peppermint sticks, nuts, or topping of your choice.
- Once the chocolate is melted dip each spoon slowly into the chocolate allowing it to cover the base of the spoon. Using your finger tips cover the tip of the spoon with the crushed toppings.
- Lay each spoon flat on a baking sheet and allow to dry. Use your spoons in your favorite hot cocoa recipe and enjoy.
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.