One of my very favorite things about this time of year is simply shopping what’s in season.
Driving by and grabbing a farm-fresh watermelon off the back of a truck or walking up to the farmers market in our neighborhood on Saturday morning to see what looks good and throw together a meal. When the ingredients are at their peak it’s kind of hard to go wrong.
Pasta is always an easy way to incorporate seasonal vegetables and with kids it’s always a win. This recipe is quick and easy with just a few ingredients and is easily scaleable for a crowd.
Snap Pea Spring Pasta with Asparagus and Parmesan
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- 3 handfuls sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup grated or shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt + pepper to taste
How to cook Snap Pea Spring Pasta with Asparagus and Parmesan
- Boil large pot of salted water and cook pasta until al dente, drain and set aside. In medium pot, chop and blanch asparagus until tender. Remove from pot and set aside, then blanch trimmed peas until tender. Toss noodles in olive oil and toss in peas and asparagus. With tongs spin birds nest pile onto each plate. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Finish with a hearty sprinkling of parmesan on top. Enjoy!
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.