As Summer comes to an end and we get underway with Fall, I’m still on a quest to try to use as many of the fresh herbs in my garden as I can. I am constantly trying to come up with new ways to preserve the flavor far beyond the season.
Today I’m sharing a recipe for Garden Herbed Butter, which I absolutely love atop a slice of Skillet Cornbread or Buttermilk Biscuit. A dollop of this butter on a big juicy steak is also a big win for the Mr. I must say I am 100% #teamsavory if given the option and this dish hits all the right notes.
Garden Herbed Butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 bundle of fresh chives
- Kosher salt
How to cook Garden Herbed Butter
- Allow your butter to soften to room temperature (or use our recipe for Homemade Butter here).
- In a small bowl, spread and stir until creamy with a large spoon. On a chopping board, pull off needles from your rosemary and add chives into a pile, chopping into small pieces.
- Add chopped herbs and salt to butter and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture onto a small sheet of waxed paper and roll into a ball or log, twisting the edges of the waxed paper to seal. Place in refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch the Video :
You can certainly substitute any fresh herbs you may have here, like tarragon or thyme, and get creative with using them atop your favorite dish. I’d love to know your best combination. #HEIRLOOMED
SHOP THE POST :
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.