On the 11th Day of Christmas Cookies as we near the end of these yummy 12 days, I’m sharing a recipe that is full of chocolatey flavor, the Chocolate Spritz.
12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Chocolate Spritz
This cookie has a hearty dough and the little dollop of frosting in the center pulls the flavors all together. This one came as a recommendation from Mom, something she had remembered from Christmas pasts but wasn’t always an essential that I could recall from growing up. But after tasting the little treats I decided to add them to my holiday line up for good.
Chocolate and frosting. What more could you ask for in a Christmas cookie?
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla flavoring
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 squares (2 oz) unsweetened, melted chocolate
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar, egg yolks, chocolate and flavoring well.
- Work flour into the butter mixture.
- Use 1/4 of the dough at a time and force through cookie press on an ungreased cookie sheet in desired shapes. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, but do not let cookies brown.
- Ice if desired. Enjoy!
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creatingtraditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.