A classic dessert recipe for Southern Banana Pudding, a summer staple that the kids will enjoy as a favorite for years to come. This recipe is part of our Southern Kitchen Bucket List – click to learn more about the challenge.
I don’t think I have ever turned down a big scoop of banana pudding and this recipe in particular has my family and me licking our bowls clean. I mean, even if you don’t love bananas, odds are you will still love this dessert. Its rich, creamy and sweet and really everything you could ever ask for in a dessert.
Not only is this pudding absolutely delicious, but it also makes for a beautiful, bright treat to serve during the summer time. We almost always have bananas on hand in our house so it’s nice to be able to pull ingredients I already have without making an extra trip to the store. It’s so easy to whip up for a get-together or to just make with my kids during the summer.
Classic Banana Pudding
- 4 large bananas
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz. can)
- 4 oz. creamed cheese
- 1 Box of Nilla Wafers
- 2 cups fresh whipped cream
How to cook Classic Banana Pudding
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk together. Then combine instant pudding mix and milk to the bowl and beat until mixture is well combined.
- In the bottom of a small bowl or serving glass, crumble a few Nilla wafers. Then add a scoop of pudding mixture on top of the cookie crumble. Add a layer of sliced bananas. Repeat this until glass is full or at desired level.
- Top this with homemade whipped cream and more sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
The key to the perfect banana pudding is to find the perfect bananas— golden yellow with a few brown spots. I love topping this off with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and a few extra banana slices for good measure. I also love the mix of textures in banana pudding with a sprinkling or layer of crispy, fresh Nilla Wafers – they just take me back to being young.
What memory does this classic banana pudding make you think of? Let me know in the comments below.
PIN IT :
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about my favorite made-from-scratch recipes, creating traditions with your family, farmhouse home decor, effortless entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, tips on gardening creating a timeless capsule wardrobe, and small town + historic travel. Our product designs feature a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of aprons, table linens, hand-poured candles and keepsake gifts. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.