The smell of the holidays is what sometimes brings me back to my childhood the most. The fresh fragrance of the garland, pies baking in the oven, and of course the smell of those fresh cinnamon brooms we used to have.
I love a touch of cinnamon, adding it to an aroma pot on the stove, cinnamon rolls (of course) and today I’m sharing a simple + tasty holiday cake that is just as beautiful as it is yummy.
Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for garnish)
How to cook Chocolate Cinnamon Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom of bundt cake pan.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat butter, milk, cocoa powder. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add chocolate mixture, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely. Dust with fine sprinkling of powdered sugar.
SHOP THE POST :
ADDITIONAL PIECES TO SHOP :
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.