We had our first (and probably last) snow storm here in the South, which equated to a dusting of snow and a lot of ice, but nonetheless not something I like to drive in. So, I whipped up a super easy Almond Milk Latte here at home and was pretty thankful I decided to snag my new milk frother last week. I’m big on a cup of coffee just for the warm + cozy feeling, it’s more of an emotional attachment than a caffeine addiction for me.
Homemade Almond Milk Latte
Here are a few tips for making an easy homemade latte on your own!
All you need to get started is the following :
- Your favorite coffee
- Coffee bean grinder (unless your beans are already ground)
- Regular coffee maker (isn’t this one just gorgeous?)
- Favorite milk (I love almond milk but you can also use regular milk or coconut milk too)
- Milk Frother
Now you’re ready to get started! A few tips and you’re on your way to making your own latte that will taste just as good and comforting as your favorite coffee house :
- Make your coffee extra strong, remember that a real latte uses espresso instead of coffee
- The frother I selected was one that received good reviews for almond milk specifically (since I knew that’s what I was going to be using) and it both warms the milk and froths. It has lines on the inside of the carafe so it’s easy to know how much to use for either frothing or warming the milk
- Almond milk produces a bit less actual froth than real milk, with larger bubbles but I think it hits the spot perfectly!
- You can also add a touch of vanilla extract or a dusting of cinnamon to add some extra flavor. I also use unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead of the plain.