A holiday party just isn’t a party without music.
My favorite holiday gatherings are the “drop by the house for appetizers and drinks” kind of gatherings. People are loud & laughing, eating & drinking, and the season is sprinkled about.
But, whether the you have a live band as the focus of the party, or simply some background music to help set the festive mood – music is an important party of entertaining your guests.
I consider myself a rare breed when it comes to the holidays. I can’t wait for the day after Thanksgiving when holiday music begins being pumped into every radio channel, store & TV show you come in contact to – how wonderful!
So, in preparation for your next holiday gathering – here is a quick list of my favorite “traditional” holiday music to help set the mood.
1. Perry Como – Jingle Bells
2. Burl Ives – Santa Claus is Coming to Town
3. Bon Jovi – Please Come Home for Christmas
4. Ray Conniff – Ring Christmas Bells
5. Harry Connick Jr – Sleigh Ride
6. Perry Como (yes again) – Home for the Holidays
An eccelectic mix I know. Share your holiday favorites with us?