These quick and easy treats add such a special touch to your holiday hot cocoa.
- 3 Tbsp gelatin
- 1/3 C cold water
- 3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 C cornstarch
- 1/3 C powdered sugar
- Soak the gelatin in the 1/3 of a cup of cold water in a small bowl and set aside to swell for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan dissolve the sugar in the 1 1/2 C of water over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the swollen gelatin and dissolve. Raise the temperature and bring to a boil. Boil steadily, but not vigorously, for 15 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Pour into a stand mixer and add the vanilla and beat the mixture until very thick and white.
- Spray a 9×13 pan (or 9×9 inch pan for taller marshmallows) with bakers joy and let set.
- Cut into squares and dust with a mixture of cornstarch and icing sugar.