This thick, chocolatey drink is perfect to take on any of your holiday outings or to just sit at home by the fire with.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but delicious for intensifying chocolate flavor)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, at least 70%, chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the whole milk, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and espresso powder until small bubbles appear around the edges. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove from saucepan from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted, returning the sauce to low heat if needed for the chocolate to melt completely.
- Serve warm, topped off with whipped cream or marshmallows.