An all-time classic + favorite, an easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe homemade, perfect for a get well soon gift or a cozy night with family.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 10 cups chicken stock (not broth)
- 1 bag of wide egg noodles (12 oz)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- the juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Add oil, carrots, celery and onion to large pot over medium high heat.
- Sauté about 5 minutes, until tender, add garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, and sauce for another minute.
- Add chicken broth and noodles, bring to a boil on high. Reduce and simmer to let noodles cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and lemon juice right before you serve and garnish with fresh parsley. Simmer until chicken is heated throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.