As the weather cools down and we get deeper into fall, I often find it hard to work a salad into my weekday meal routine. That’s why I love this Apple Harvest Salad. It’s the perfect way to layer in all the flavors of fall and to make sure that I keep salad in our family’s routine.
Apple Harvest Salad
I start with dark, crisp, fresh leafy greens and add in freshly cut apples, chopped pecans, pepita seeds and a hearty grain like farrow. I top it all off with blue cheese crumbles for extra flavor. The kids don’t like it too much so sometimes I’ll sub-in another cheese or topping, like hard boiled egg, that they are sure to love.
What really makes this salad special, though, is the Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing. It’s light, flavorful and so ideal for fall. And, apple cider has so many wonderful health benefits, which is super important among my lard + butter laden recipes around here, right?
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt + more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper + more if needed
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until combined completely. Or, add all ingredients to a mason jar and shake to combine. Add any extra salt + pepper to taste. Top your Apple Harvest Salad, and enjoy!
WATCH THE VIDEO:
SHOP THE POST :
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.