This simple creation is one of my go-to breakfasts everyday of the week. This is truly the best avocado toast recipe and is such a quick and healthy breakfast option.
It seems like Avocado Toast took over the world for a few years there, with everyone coming out with some elevated version. This is one classic that I think works best with just a few simple add ons.
shop oatmeal linen napkin
This classic breakfast is one of my favorite to make.
- One slice of thick cut sourdough bread
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 lime
- Start by toasting your favorite bread, personally I love to use sourdough for this recipe.
- In a small bowl mash your avocado to a spreadable consistency.
- in the bowl, add in all spices and a light squeeze of lime juice.
- Mix these together and spread on toasted bread.
- Top off with any spices to heighten the flavor.
Another way to elevate your avocado toast is too add a fried or poached egg to the top. This is an extra step, but adds a nice touch if you have a few extra minutes.
You can check out our full collection of breakfast + brunch recipe here.
heirloomed is a lifestyle brand with a mission of “keeping heirlooms around for another generation.” Our blog features stories about family recipes, creating traditions with your family, interior design and entertaining by mixing new and vintage pieces, classic style, and small town + historic travel. Our shop features a collection of “goods inspired by the past, for generations to enjoy” with an array of products and meaningful gifts including linen aprons, tabletop linens, art, ceramics and beyond. Learn more at www.heirloomedcollection.com.