Making this mixed berry jam is a great way to practice old traditions while making a delicious spread for your kitchen.
Canning Tools :
For Jam :
- 4 cups crushed berries, such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries + blackberries
- 4 ½ TBSP Ball ® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Combine berries in an 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into a hot jar leaving ¼ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim.Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.