Whether you prefer sweet or savory chicken salad, this recipe makes the best base to be doctored up. Try with homemade mayo and fresh bread.
- 4 qty boneless, skinless, organic chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of Dukes mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP of sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bunch of fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- Cracked pepper + kosher salt to taste
- Fill a large pot with water, salt, and bring to a boil. Insert chicken breasts and allow to cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until fully cooked and no longer pink. Remove and pat dry, allowing them to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- In a small dry skillet, toast slivered almonds tossing constantly for approximately 1 minute, just long enough to give them a slightly brown color. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, take chicken breasts and cut into chunks approximately 1/2 an inch and set aside in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine mayo and sour cream, stirring to together to blend. Stir in fresh lemon and tarragon leaves.
- Add creamy mixture to cubed chicken, slowly folding it into the chicken in batches to allow you to get your preferred consistency. Once the texture is to your liking, add toasted almonds and salt and pepper to taste.
- Set savory chicken salad atop a bed of freshly dressed lettuce greens or enjoy as a sandwich between two pieces of lightly toasted, hearty wheat bread.