This delicious comfort food is complete with vegetables and a wonderful pot roast gravy. Cook it in a dutch oven for a tender perfect meal.
- 1–1 1/2 lb roast
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled + quartered
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bag of small white potatoes, quartered
- 1 bundle of fresh carrots
- 1 bundle of fresh thyme
- Kosher salt + cracked pepper
How to cook Sunday Pot Roast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium to large sized cast iron skillet or dutch oven, bring olive oil + butter to medium on the stove. Lightly sauté minced garlic and a handful of yellow onion until translucent, adding roast. Sear meat until brown on all sides and seasoning with kosher salt, remove from heat.
- Prepare vegetables by chopping carrots into 2-3” lengths, removing greens. Quarter onion and scatter your carrots, onion + thyme around your roast. Cover and place in oven for approximately 3 hours. After 3 hours, remove pan and place your quartered potatoes around the roast, cooking for another hour to hour and a half until tender and until meat is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!