- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
For the Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 9 inch cake pans.
2. Cream butter until its fluffy and add in sugar, brown sugar and cream for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the eggs one at a time and cream after each.
4. Add in the milk and flour a little bit at a time, alternating.
5. Add in vanilla and salt.
6. Pour even amounts into each pan and bake for about 25 minutes.
7. Remove cake and cool on cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
1. Heat all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure it does not burn.
2. The icing should reach about 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
3. Once at this temperature, remove from heat and stir consistently until desired thickness is reached.