- 1 pound good-quality bacon
- 3 large beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup of homemade mayo
- 8 pieces of good-quality white bread
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place the bacon strips in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet tray. Bake the bacon until just crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the tomato slices with salt and pepper and transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Toast slices of bread and set aside until ready to assemble sandwiches
- When the bacon is ready, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- To assemble, spread a thick layer of mayonnaise on the bread, then layer the tomatoes, bacon, and arugula and top with remaining slices of bread. Slice the sandwich in half or in triangles and serve. Enjoy!