This flavorful, cheesy casserole is the perfect breakfast dish that will leave your family full and happy.
- 1 8oz round brie
- 1lb ground hot pork sausage
- 6 bread slices
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 7 large eggs – divided
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 1 tsp dried rubbed sage
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- First, trim and discard rind on brie. Cut cheese into cubes – set aside.
- Cook sausage until crumbled & no longer pink. Drain.
- Cut crusts from bread and place crusts evenly in lightly greased 13×9 baking dish. Layer evenly with bread slices, sausage, brie and grated parmesan.
- Whisk together 5 eggs, 2 cups whipping cream & next 4 ingredients. Pour evenly over cheeses. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Whisk together 2 eggs and 1 cup whipping cream. Pour evenly over chilled mixture.
- Bake 350 for 50 minutes or until set. enjoy!