These nostalgic treats bring me back to my childhood.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups (1/2 lb) pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 to 1 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Blend flour and salt and then add to the creamed mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- If dough is soft, chill until it is firm enough to shape.
- Use your fingers to shape a rounded teaspoonful of dough around each pecan half to form 1 inch balls.
- Beat the egg white and water with a fork and dip dough in egg white mixture, then in coconut.
- Bake balls on lightly greased baking sheet for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Enjoy!